Well thought I would start the year with a blog and bloody well stick to it! Started numerous blogs before,but like diaries and anything that needs regular dedicated attention the interest rapidly wanes and then you forget about them. So this is my attempt to blog my life on this planet as much as possible.
So the current state of affairs with me is that I am living in Farnborough, married to my lovely wife Shereen, no kids yet (but trying), working for a big software company in Reading and collecting far too much electronic kit and toys :)
Well New Years Eve came and went. Shereen was ill in bed with flu, so I went to Hawkers social club on my own to meet all my mates and their families for a big booze up and party. Had a great night, everyone was in a good mood, nobody was fighting and it all went very smoothly. All the kids are growing up FAST, half of them were little babies last time i saw them. Walked home in the freezing cold and collapsed in bed at mum's.
Woke with a bit of a headache, which is pretty good since I had 5 pints of stella and 2 pints of Magners. Took mum into Kingston to look around Bentalls for some new phones for her. I was after 2 optical audio cables for my lovely new amp (Yamaha RX-V363), but Bentalls didnt have any, even though they had every other kind of cable possible. Of course the Apple store saved me and picked up two Belkin cables. Took a look around Kingston, popped into Woolworths and its almost bare in there. Nothing left worth buying really. Only things worth buying i.e. videogames were still nearly full price! bah! Two more days until it leaves the high street. Two more days till Woolies becomes a fond memory from my past. A shop thats always been in the background, a shop you never go out of your way to visit, but always pop in if you walk past. Took some photos for posterity as I intend to get a picture of every shop in Kingston and chart the comings and goings of them all. Seemed pretty busy for New Years day, with quite a few shops open with loads of sales on. Of course anything I want to buy is never part of the sale, always womens clothes and shoes. So consoled myself with buying Retro Gamer in my favourite most important shop i.e. WHSmiths. If that goes then I will be VERY sad.
Well that will do to start, will spend the rest of the evening playing with my new amp and tomorrow is the last day away from work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment